Thursday, October 21, 2010

Matching Colours again...

I must admit that I really have fun with matching colours. The challenge is to find objects in rooms which repeat or complement a certain colour. As I can do this only virtually I never can be sure whether you see the same as I do colourwise, depending on the value settings of your monitor. Never mind...

The painting shown here belongs to the series Reminiscenes - I have written about it here . The fun part is that these paintings are very colourful and fit into many interiors, be it modern, classic, romantic or any other style. I find they can really brighten up the day and change a bad mood to the better. The important point is to mount them in a complementing frame (which I have done here virtually again) and then place them into the right context:


 original image source and with courtesy of 

"Amarillo"
(from the Reminiscences series)
26" x 18", acrylic
©Petra Voegtle
~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Petra, This painting is very effective in this setting. I love the way that the yelow ochre of the headboard of the bed is echoed within the painting. this particular yellow tint is very reminiscent of Old Europe in my mind and the style of the bed is very much in keeping with this theme.

K&B by the Sea said...

The yellow building in your painting is a perfect match to the yellow headboard :-)

Kelly

Unknown said...

Dear Edith,
thank you so much for your kind words. I must admit that I was not aware of this special colour attribute but it sounds very interesting. And a jolly good coincidence :-) how modern graffiti walls in fact can tie in good Ole Europe characteristics.

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly,thanks for your comment again. That's exactly what I thought - just colour matching - nothing super sophisticated...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...