Friday, October 1, 2010

Adult Content in the Living Room

I love this room for its simplicity. I absolutely love the floor and that it was not destroyed through paint whether it might be trendy or not. Wood can be so beautiful especially when it is old and talks of many years of usage. It can be even more beautiful when it is cared for as in this room. I also love high ceilings in old houses and I love old houses because they have character and personality. You probably have guessed so...

I also love the simplicity of the furniture that gives this room  its personal character - so if this were mine I would not have changed a single thing besides... Well, I must admit I have  certain weakness for little extras, which are not common, which can be a bit provocative so I would have chosen a different wall piece than the original one, such as this...

 original image source and with courtesy of 

The mural is a heavy, hand carved, sculptured wall piece, named Mithunas, which means "lovers" and which took me more than 6 months to finish (inspired by India's temple ornamentations in Kajuraho. This mural is however my own original design).
If you would like to see more details please check this link on my website or click on the photo below.
The mural has been treated with a varnish that is my own recipe so that it looks like old ivory. This increases the preciousness of this art piece and makes it look like an ancient carving. Finally it has been polished with beeswax that makes the wood smooth and shiny.


 "Mithunas" 
55" x 46" x 7", 70 kg
hand carved, pine
©Petra Voegtle
 ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Petra, I do so agree that this room has a wonderful serene simplicity and, very clearly, every detail has been most thoughtfully considered. Perfect.

Unknown said...

Dear Edith, thank you for your visit again. I absolutely love these kinds of rooms - too often people tend to stuff too many things into a place...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...