Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Painting that complements the Cushions

From time to time I find this funny - looking for a piece of art that complements other accessories. Hm - I don't have a problem with that even if I consider myself a serious painter. I feel that art should be on a wall and if someone is looking for a great decoration piece - fine with me.

I do not paint for mere decoration, my work is reflecting my interests, my emotions, sometimes anger but more often joy, fascination and admiration. And most of all my work is coming from memories and impressions I have had the luck to see somewhere on this world, be it in the neighbourhood or on the other side of this planet.

 original image source and with courtesy of 

"Red Door"
(from the Reminiscences series)
26" x 18", acrylic
©Petra Voegtle
If you would like to know more about this painting Red Door please see this link. If you would like to see more paintings of this series please see here.

~

4 comments:

Frida said...

Just found your blog via Style Files. Love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you Frida - this is very kind of you!

DesignTies said...

I love that your work reflects your memories and emotions :-) It's wonderful that you have the artistic talent to express yourself in paintings and sculptures :-)

Kelly

Unknown said...

Thank you Kelly for your kind comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...