Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Minoans in the Hallway...

The painting that hangs in the original image source on the same place disappears a bit behind the plant and is too neutral for my feeling. I think this elegant hallway deserves artwork that is a bit more prominent.

Also I thought that the delicate art deco style of the entrance door and the filigree stair railing would be complemented nicely by the two delicate silk paintings which start to shimmer when light is on them. But again this is only a potential scenario and does not want to diminish the intent of the original interior designer or home owner.

If you would like to know more about these paintings, Minoans I and II please see this link and this link.

original image source from http://www.getdecorating.com

"Minoans I and II"
(from the Magic Symbols series)
40" x 13" each, silk
©Petra Voegtle
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...