Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A terrific Hallway with a Valley on the Wall...

Although these colours are a bit gloomy - I do not quite understand people's preferences for dark colours - I nevertheless like this composition. Maybe it's because I live in a country where half of the year bright light is rare due to bad weather and long winters which are mostly wet and dark.

The original painting on the wall was marvellous and I would not want to change this interior design image - I just added one of my landscape paintings which I believe would fit marvellously into this hallway too, even repeating the graphic design of the carpet accidently. This silk painting belongs to a whole series called - Magic Landscapes

This silk painting is called The Valley, inspired by the wonderful green valleys you can find on the Hawaiian Islands. Check out this link for more details...

original image source from http://www.getdecorating.com

"The Valley"
(from the Magic Landscapes Series)
silk, 21" x 40"
©Petra Voegtle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...