Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bedroom with Garden View....

When I first saw this room without reading where it was photographed I thought - wow, but this room very much reminds me of the rooms I used to have in Thailand. LOL - it was photographed in Thailand, in Thalang on Phuket. There is something about this simplicity, the light and the view into the gardens, that is simply charming and soothing and I nearly can hear the noises from the near jungle...

I added another modern element - an acrylic painting that repeats that special light: Copper Wall, another painting from the Reminiscences series that describes the Olympic Student village in Munich.


original image source from Richmond Group, Thalang


"Copperwall"
(from the Reminiscences series)
26" x 18", acrylic, mixed media
©Petra Voegtle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...