Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A small Bedroom with a spectacular View...

Although I am not so very much a fan of dark rooms I loved this one from the first moment I saw it. I cannot even really explain why. Maybe it's the perfect disposition of this really small room because what you can see from this vignette there does not seem to be much more space available than for the bed itself.

The only downside of this room is the art on the wall, which - for my understanding - is not suitable for a bedroom. Although it perfectly matches the colours of this room (possibly the latter have been chosen because of the art) the figures displayed in this work look a bit creepy, reminiscent of emaciated models which is not really the perfect theme for a good night sleep.


My personal alternative would be this triptych painting on silk Ayutthaya which leads you gently into a world of meditation, dreamlike state - certainly more suitable for a bedroom:


Btw - I am going to make this painting available as fine art print on cotton canvas also, so that it can be used in different sizes. I'll let you know when it is in my Etsy shop.

 "Ayutthaya"
(from the Magic Landscapes Series)
40" x 39", silk triptych
©Petra Voegtle

~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...