Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Rain Dancer adds a little Mysticism to the Bedroom

While one of my paintings is running in the Saatchi competition (oh please please vote for my painting - see link below) I thought why not placing the painting virtually in a room where it might look good. I mounted it into a virtual frame that would give this bedroom a little additional "sparkling".

Normally I am not so very much a friend of four-poster or canopy beds, at least not with only the four posts standing free but in this case it looks elegant and not so invasive as in many other rooms.I found the original art on the wall a bit too cheerless though as it was mounted in a dark frame additionally. The painting I replaced it with adds a little mysticism to this bedroom, a pigeon looking like a rain god with his fluffed up plumage...

(original image source getdecorating.com)


The acrylic painting is called The Rain Dancer and depicts one of my favourite models, Pete, the pigeon patron from our feral pigeon family, while he takes a shower in the rain. If you look closely (click on the image to enlarge) you will see all the droplets in his plumage and the content look in his face. Pigeons love to bathe or to take a shower in the rain.

"The Rain Dancer"
(from the Pigeons series)
 

18" x 26" acrylic on cotton
©Petra Voegtle

If you would like to learn more about pigeons, how intelligent and funny these birds are, simply amazing creatures - then please check out my blog/diary Pigeon Tales. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. There are lots of funny and sweet photos, little videos and stories about their adventures.Additionally you will find a lot of interesting links about birds and pigeons especially.
~
 Thank you so much!
Voting Link
you can log in with your facebook account!
~

2 comments:

K&B by the Sea said...

Your pigeon painting is so charming :-) I love the detail of the little droplets of rain on his feathers :-)

I'm off to vote for you now! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Kelly! this is really very kind of you!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...